Android Engineers (Remote)
Location: US Remote (pacific time zone preferred but not required)
Note: You must be able to work legally as a W2 employee in the US and live in a US time zone.
Karbon is growing its team of Android engineers to better serve our evolving client requirements. We're expanding to provide additional support as we work with clients to launch several major versions of existing large-scale Android apps.
What you'll be doing
- Building new features with Java and Kotlin, using Material Components
- Implementing new UI and modifying existing components based on evolving requirements
- Taking part in the end-to-end process of planning, developing and releasing apps to users
- Triaging, prioritizing and fixing bugs and regressions based on QA testing and user feedback
- Writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Participating in meetings and peer-reviewing code
- Managing binary and feature rollouts
- 3+ years experience building and shipping native Android apps as part of a team
- Fluent in Java and Kotlin
- Familiarity with Jetpack libraries
- Solid understanding of Android best practices
- Hands on experience with Dagger/Hilt, async frameworks (Rx/ListenableFutures, et al)
- Unit testing experience with Roboelectric and JUnit
- Experience interfacing with remote APIs/RPCs
- Eye for detail and the ability to build accessible, functional, performant UIs
- Experience with Git or Mercurial and related workflows
- Passion for learning and using new frameworks and technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills—you’ll be working directly with both your fellow Karbon engineers and client personnel
Nice to have
- Understanding of SOLID design principles
- Experience with Bazel
- Previous experience working from home or remotely for a distributed team
- Familiarity with Google products and APIs
- Continuous integration experience
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- MacBook Pro and other hardware
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Company 401K, eligible after 6 months
- Monthly internet stipend
- Yearly Android device stipend
- Several weeks of vacation yearly, generous personal time policies, and paid holidays
We’re a small, closely-knit team of iOS and Android engineers with an obsessive attention to detail who have been building apps since the launch of the App Store. Founded in 2010, we’ve spent the last ten years helping some of the biggest companies in the world create amazing experiences for hundreds of millions of users. We value quality over quantity and focus on only a few key projects per year. We strive for honesty, transparency and open communication with our clients.
Note: While this job is remote, you must be able to work legally as a W2 employee in the US. You must be in a US time zone.
The Karbon logo is a registered trademark of Karbon Works LLC.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.