iOS Engineer (Remote)
Location: Remote (Pacific Northwest ideal but not required!)
Note: You must be able to work legally as a W2 employee in the US
Karbon is growing its core team of iOS engineers to better serve our evolving client requirements. We’re expanding our team to provide additional support as we work with clients to launch several major versions of an existing app.
While this position will initially be solely focused on one product, ideally this role will expand to take on other projects and apps at Karbon in the near future.
What you'll be doing
- Building new features with Swift, Material Components, the Google Drive API and more
- Implementing new UI and modifying existing components based on evolving requirements with both Auto Layout and frame-based logic
- Triaging, prioritizing and fixing bugs and regressions based on community testing and user feedback
- Writing and reviewing technical design documents
- Participating in meetings, discussing and planning engineering efforts and peer-reviewing code
- Shipping new versions of the product to users and releasing updates to open source projects
- 3+ years experience building and shipping iOS apps, ideally as part of a team
- Fluent in Swift, working knowledge of Objective-C
- Eye for detail and the ability to build accessible, functional, performant UIs
- Solid understanding of the full iOS app development lifecycle
- Experience with Git or Mercurial and related workflows
- Passion for learning and using new frameworks and technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills—you’ll be working directly with both your fellow Karbon engineers and client personnel
Nice to have
- Experience shipping apps using Core Data and SQLite
- Familiarity with Google products and APIs
- Working knowledge or past experience working on apps utilizing Bluetooth Low Energy devices
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- MacBook Pro and other hardware
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Company 401K with matching, eligible after 6 months
- Several weeks of vacation yearly, flexible personal time, and paid holidays
We’re a small, closely-knit team of iOS engineers with an obsessive attention to detail who have been building apps since the launch of the App Store. Founded in 2010, we’ve spent the last nine years helping some of the biggest companies in the world create amazing experiences for hundreds of millions of users. We value quality over quantity and focus on only a few key projects per year. We strive for honesty, transparency and open communication with our clients.
How to apply
Note: While this job is remote, you must be able to work legally as a W2 employee in the US.
Send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include:
- Subject: iOS Engineer Position
- Attach your resume in PDF format
- Let us know how you heard about this position
The Karbon logo is a registered trademark of Karbon Works LLC.
All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.